Toronto Beaches competes in the Ontario Womens Field Lacrosse (OWFL) and the Junior Elite Women’s Lacrosse (JEWL) leagues, which generally run between the May long weekend and the August long weekend, as well as Canadian and U.S. tournaments throughout the year. This is a highly competitive program for Beaches and requires a strong commitment from players and parents to achieve the goals we set out each year. Beaches fields Rep Womens teams in the following age groups: Juniors, U19 and Seniors. The age groupings are determined by birth year.
• To have a great, enjoyable experience and continue to build upon friendships, competitive spirit, and a love of the game.
• To lead, develop, and promote a positive lacrosse experience for all players and their families.
• To create a learning environment built on a foundation of respect, integrity, and honour.
• To maximize the individual skills development of every player that will enable these players to compete at a high level of lacrosse for years to come.
• To emphasize that lacrosse is a team game, and that team achievements far outweigh individual accomplishments.
• To teach the importance of goal setting that allows for maximum personal, social, athletic and team development.
Players born in the age groups of U19 and U17 are entitled to try out for Juniors. Only players born in the U19 age group may try out for U19 GOLD. The birth years and applicable age category for the current season can be found under “Registration”. Team tryouts are held during Fall Ball and Sprinter Ball so that we can plan and prepare for the following Rep season.
OWFL and JEWL post details of the upcoming season on the OWFL website. The Juniors team predominantly plays on Friday evenings. The U19 GOLD team usually plays 2 games each Saturday morning. During the Rep season our Juniors and U19 GOLD teams generally practice on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Additionally we book at least one club-wide U.S. tournament on a weekend during the season. Some of our teams will book Canadian and U.S. tournaments at other times out of the regular season. These are highly encouraged, but not mandatory, as they bring the team together and allow them to further compete against high level talent.
Our Coaching Selection Committee of Samantha Kidd, Gregory Peck, Jesse Porter, Paul Swanson and Lindsay Whiston-Babcock selected the following 2022/23 Womens Rep Head Coaches:
U19 GOLD – Glenn McKelvey & Paul Swanson (Co-Head Coaches)
Interested applicants may contact Paul Swanson at VPGWLAX@beacheslacrosse.com for additional information.
Estimated 2024 Rep Fees
$780.00 for U19 GOLD
$1,400 for JEWL
We use the same uniform season over season as permitted by supplier availability. Players only need to purchase new uniform pieces as they outgrow their current one or they move to a team (based on age) that uses a different style than their previous age group. New players to the club will need to purchase a complete uniform set which includes a jersey, kilt (or shorts), and pinnie. We often offer bags and other swag available for purchase but is not mandatory.
Girls field lacrosse stick
Cleats & turf shoes
Water bottles, cool weather wear and rain wear
Where to Buy – Equipment can be purchased from Hogtown Lacrosse at 1274 Queen St E, or other sporting goods retailers.
Anyone wishing further information is encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.