Toronto Beaches competes in the Ontario Womens Field Lacrosse season which generally runs from the May long weekend through the August long weekend, as well as Canadian and U.S. tournaments. This is a highly competitive program for Beaches and requires a strong commitment from players and parents to achieve the goals we set out each year.
• To have a great, enjoyable experience and continue to build upon friendships, competitive spirit, and a love of the game.
• To lead, develop, and promote a positive lacrosse experience for all players and their families.
• To create a learning environment built on a foundation of respect, integrity, and honour.
• To maximize the individual skills development of every player that will enable these players to compete at a high level of lacrosse for years to come.
• To emphasize that lacrosse is a team game, and that team achievements far outweigh individual accomplishments.
• To teach the importance of goal setting that allows for maximum personal, social, athletic and team development.
The age groupings are determined by birth year. The birth years and applicable age category for the upcoming season can be found on the OWFLs website. The OWFL posts details of the upcoming season on their website. In January each year a skeleton schedule is released with the weekends of game play and towns in which those games will be played. Teams play 2 games each weekend on one of the days in a set time block based on age.
During the season our rep teams generally practice twice per week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Additionally for the BLUE teams, we book at least one U.S. tournament on a weekend during the season. Some of our teams will book Canadian and U.S. tournaments at other times out of the regular season. These are highly encouraged, but not mandatory, as they bring the team together and allow them to further compete against high level talent. Anyone wishing further information is encouraged to contact vpwlax@
Our Coaching Selection Committee of Samantha Kidd, Gregory Peck, Jesse Porter, Paul Swanson and Lindsay Whiston-Babcock selected the following 2022/23 Rep Girls Head Coaches:
U9 Blue: Bronwen Smith & Katelyn Gardner (Co-Head Coaches)
U11 Blue: Rhéanna Swanson
U13: Blue Jordyn Van Vliet & Lauriève Swanson (Co-Head Coaches)
U15 Blue: Adèle Swanson (with Gretel Green & Rob Alexander)
U17 Blue: Jesse Porter & Kendra Sheppard (Co-Head Coaches)
The Coaching Selection Committee of Rep Girls Lacrosse invites applicants for the following 2022-23 Head Coaching Positions:
Interested applicants may contact Paul Swanson at VPGWLAX@beacheslacrosse.com. for additional information.
Timing and Schedules
Team tryouts/assessments are held during Fall Ball of each year so that we can plan for the following Rep season. For Sprinter Ball, we attempt to get our Rep teams practicing indoors in anticipation of the upcoming Rep season but practices move outdoors from late March to mid-May at Cherry Beach Sports Fields.
We use the same uniform season over season as permitted by supplier availability. Players only need to purchase new uniform pieces as they outgrow their current one or they move to a team (based on age) that uses a different style than their previous age group. New players to the club will need to purchase a complete uniform set which includes a jersey, kilt (or shorts), and pinnie. We often offer bags and other swag available for purchase but is not mandatory.
2023 Rep Fees
$450.00 for U9 Blue
$780.00 for U11 Blue, U13 Gold, U15 Gold, U17 Blue
$940.00 for U13 Blue and U15 Blue
- Girls field lacrosse stick
- Eyeguards (mandatory)
- Mouthguard (mandatory)
- Cleats (optional)
- Water bottles, cool weather wear and rain wear