#BEACHMODE Week 2
Week 2 of Beach Mode is here!
This week we focus on agility. Whether you’re looking to shake a defender, play lockdown defense, or quickly get across the crease to make a big save – quick feet are essential for lacrosse players.
Don’t own a speed ladder? No problem! Instructions to make your own can be found here or you can use chalk to create the tool you need using the following measurements:
• A standard agility ladder is 15 feet long and 20 inches wide.
• Spacing is 18 inches. That is, a paint stick or chalk line at 0″, 18″, 36″, 54″, 72″, 90″, 108″, 126″, 144″, 162″, and 180″.
• Forward Sprint x 2 (1 foot in each space)
• Lateral High Knees x 1 per direction (1 set going left to right and 1 set going right to left)
• Icky Shuffle x 1
• Backward Icky Shuffle x 1
• Lateral In and Out x 1 per direction (1 set going left to right and 1 set going right to left)
• Forward In and Out x 1
• Backward In and Out x 1
• Lateral Scissor Hops x 1 per direction (1 set going left to right and 1 set going right to left)
• Cross Behind x 1
• Single Leg Linear Hops x 2
Complete these drills with a stick in hand and record your attempts.
Send us videos on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and show everyone what you’ve got!